By: Luke Boze
- Aaron Rodgers– Rodgers is one of the most versatile and consistent QBs in the game today. After spending the first three years of his career backing up Brett Favre, who was perhaps one of the best quarterbacks to ever where a Packers uniform, he took over the starting position in 2008. Two years after Rodgers took over in Green Bay, he lead the Packers to a Super Bowl victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers. Since his Super Bowl victory, Rodgers has continued to be a model of efficiency going to the playoffs 6 out of 7 years that he has been a starter, and he will remain one of the best for the next several years.
- Tom Brady– Tom Brady may be considered as one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game, some people say that he is within the ranks of quarterbacks like Joe Montana, John Elway, and Peyton Manning. Tom Brady comes into the season being tied with Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw for the most Super Bowl wins. Despite being suspended for the first four games of the regular season for the “Deflategate” allegations, Brady is still going to be one of the most productive QBs while on the field this year. Like Rodgers, Brady is a model of consistency with a great resume.
- Cam Newton– Though he is young Newton is already one of the best quarterbacks in the league. Newton was drafted as the number one pick back in 2011, Newton had an immediate impact on the Panthers, helping them win four more games than they did the previous year. Since then Newton has helped the Panthers improve by leaps and bounds leading them to their best record in team history last year as they went 15-1 and made it to the Super Bowl. Newton continues to improve and better his game, and with the help of Newton the Panthers will be a force to be reckoned with.
- Russell Wilson– Like Newton Russell Wilson is a young player with tremendous talent. Wilson was drafted in 2012 and he won the starting job in the preseason of that year. Wilson’s coach, Pete Carroll, decided to start him in the first game of the season over veteran Matt Flynn. The chance paid off as the next year Wilson lead the Seahawks to their first ever Super Bowl victory. The next year Wilson lead them to their second straight Super Bowl where they lost to the Patriots on a goal line interception. Wilson is going into his fourth year in the NFL and has already started two Super Bowls and is one of the top QBs in the game, so it is safe to say he is a Top 5 quarterback.
- Ben Roethlisberger– Ben Roethlisberger, who is commonly referred to as Big Ben, is going into his 12th year with the Pittsburgh Steelers. It seems as Big Ben gets older his game gets better, and it isn’t surprising that with 12 years under his belt he is at the top of his game. Big Ben has had some health concerns in the past but has still managed to put up some of the best stats of any QB in today’s game. He is the current record holder for the most touchdown passes during a two game span. He set the record in 2014 when he threw for 12 TDs in two games. Big Ben has almost definitely secured a spot in the Hall of Fame after he retires.