By Allie Jackson
According to our recent twitter poll, most of you voted that your Christmas tree would remain stored away until after Thanksgiving. Well people, Thanksgiving is in the past, and it’s time to embrace the holiday spirit. If your tree is up and looking bare, this DIY ornament is the perfect addition to your sturdy pine. ( Also, for those who don’t know, DIY mean Do It Yourself.)
Hot Chocolate Ornament
Items you will need:
- A round glass/plastic bulb with a removable top.
- Sharpies (I used metallic paint ones)
- Hot Chocolate mix
- Candy Canes
- A card to write a note on (optional)
- A plastic ornament looks exactly like a glass one, and if you tend to drop things like I do, then definitely opt for the plastic one. (And yes I did end up dropping mine).
- I used sharpies to decorate mine rather than a card so that once I used the cocoa inside, I would still have a cute ornament to hang.
- The more marshmallows you put in the ornament, the least likely the cocoa powder and other toppings will shift around.
- Also, feel free to customize what you put in your ornament and how you decorate it!
- First, make sure your ornament is washed and clean before you fill it.
- Then, decorate your ornament with the metallic/holiday themed sharpies. (I drew flowers and snowflakes on mine.)
- Next, take the top off the ornament and fill with enough cocoa powder to make a cup of hot chocolate. Use the funnel to pour in the powder.
- When your ornament has a layer of cocoa, top off with some crushed candy canes and marshmallows.
- Finally, put the top back on and tie a nice piece of ribbon on the ornaments hook. Now you have a cute cocoa ornament!!
Thanks for reading! If you decide to make a cocoa ornament, make sure to post a pic and tag the County Current.