Stockton Police Arrest Suspect In Serial Killings

Stockton Police Arrest Suspect In Serial Killings

Police in Stockton, California, say they believe a suspected serial murderer was “out hunting” when he was apprehended on Saturday. At a news conference on Saturday, Stockton Police Chief Stanley McFadden stated, “We are confident we stopped another killing.”

Wesley Brownlee, 43, was detained in connection with six cold-blooded killings of men between the ages of 21 and 54 in recent months. On Saturday, he was arrested on suspicion of murder.

According to police, Brownlee was being trailed by surveillance teams as he was driving when they stopped at Village Green Drive and Winslow Avenue at around two in the morning on Saturday.

“This guy was being followed while driving by our surveillance team. We observed his behaviours and concluded early this morning that he was on a killing mission. He was on the hunt, “explained McFadden.

Must read:

Added McFadden, “He was covered in dark apparel and had a mask around his neck when police first came into contact with him. When he was hauled into prison, he was also carrying a gun.” The police chief claimed that prior to Brownlee’s arraignment on Tuesday, the defendant had nearly perfect coverup and caution.

“He didn’t make a lot of errors. We are aware that he hid his identity on purpose “Monday, McFadden said. It is extraordinary, according to both the police and the San Joaquin District Attorney’s Office, that they were able to make an arrest less than 90 days after the crime spree began.

McFadden remarked, “I don’t think any of us can fully appreciate how hard it is. Officials confirm that Brownlee lives in Stockton; they are unaware of his relationship with Oakland but think he once lived there. Additional charges are possible, according to the police.

The victims were recognised by the San Joaquin County Office of the Medical Examiner. On July 8, Paul Yaw, 35, was assassinated; on August 11, Salvador Debudey Jr., 43; on August 30, Jonathan Hernandez Rodriguez, 21; on September 21, Juan Cruz, 52; and on September 27, Lawrence Lopez Sr., 54.

According to officials, the males were by themselves when they were tragically shot. According to investigators, all of the murders happened at night or in the early morning. The probe was also connected to the shooting of a Black lady, 46, at Park Street and Union Street in Stockton at 3:20 a.m.

on April 16, 2021, police said earlier this month. According to them, the woman recovered from her wounds from the incident. Police stated that although the reason for the deaths is unknown, they are likely to have been done on purpose.