Texas Teenager Discovered Dead Two Days After FedEx Driver Took Her

Texas Teenager Discovered Dead Two Days After FedEx Driver Took Her

A seven-year-old girl’s body was discovered in Texas two days after she was allegedly kidnapped by a FedEx delivery person when he was leaving a box at her house. Northwest of Dallas in Wise County, Athena Strand was discovered dead on Friday night, according to the authorities.

She most likely passed ‘within an hour of being taken from her home in Paradise, according to investigators. Tanner Horner, a 31-year-old Lake Worth resident who is the suspect, allegedly confessed to kidnapping and murdering Athena.

Police stated that interviews and digital evidence indicate the young child did not survive more than an hour after being abducted. Homer is being jailed on a $1.5 million bond after being charged with capital murder and aggravated kidnapping. Sheriff Lane Akin expressed his disappointment at not having the outcome he had anticipated during a press conference on Friday night.

Must Read:

According to Akin, Horner is the sole suspect in the case that officials believe is guilty. He was not related to or associated with the family in any way. The child was picked up from school at her Paradise home by the Wise County Sheriff’s Office at about 4:30 on Wednesday.

The young girl was later outside her house after a disagreement with her stepmother. Horner also delivered a FedEx delivery to her home at the same time. Athena’s step-mom called the police at around 6.40 p.m. after she failed to return inside and was not discovered in her bedroom.

Despite being only 200 yards from the security of her house, police believe the girl was likely kidnapped from her driveway. Athena’s disappearance and Horner’s delivery route were only linked by police after receiving a tip.

The FBI, Texas Rangers, and Wise County Sheriff’s Offices collaborated to quickly but tragically solve the case, despite the fact that two false leads had them searching in the wrong locations for the young girl.

The child’s body was ultimately discovered 10 miles from her house. The county sheriff thanked the citizens who had helped with the inquiry, which had attracted hundreds of volunteers to assist in a major search.