Tracey Thurman Injuries

Tracey Thurman ἰnjuries: What Happened To The Him?

Thurman v. City of Torrington, DC, 595 F.Supp. 1521 (1985) was a court decision concerning Tracey Thurman, a homemaker from Connecticut. Tracey Thurman sued the city police department in Torrington, Connecticut, and claimed that her abusive husband Charles “Buck” Thurman, Sr. was not afforded equal protection under the law.

Additional information regarding Tracey Thurman’s njuries and health can be found in the following…

What Happened To Tracey Thurman?

After a brief but tumultuous marriage, Tracey Thurman split up with her husband Charles “Buck” Thurman in 1982. Charles Jr., their only child, was with her when she left. The two were separated for eight months during which time Buck verbally threatened Tracy with deth.

Buck volently entered the residence Tracey was residing in November 1982 and removed Charles Jr. was given back to his mother. Still, the police ruled down the homeowner’s allegation of criminal trespass. Four days later, on a public roadway, Tracey was verbally threatened by Buck as he stood in front of her car.

Although there was a policeman nearby, he did not step in until Buck punched Tracey’s car, breaking the glass. After being found guilty of disturbing the peace, Buck was given a two-year conditional discharge and a six-month suspended sentence. Although Buck was told to stay away from Tracey, he threatened her again.

Police were notified about Tracey’s behavior, but Buck wasn’t put under aɼɼest. Buck repeatedly threatened Tracey between January and May 1983, breaking the court’s order. Although she reported these threats to the police, nothing happened.

Tracey Thurman Injuries
Tracey Thurman njuries

In order to have her husband aɼɼested for making repeated threats of volence, Tracey went to the Torrington Police Station on five different occasions in May 1983. The police provided Tracey with a number of justifications for their delay, one of which is that “the officer who has your case is on vacation.”

Tracey requested and received a restraining order against Buck on May 6, 1983. On June 10, 1983, Buck showed up at Tracey’s residence and asked to speak with her. Tracey called the police while staying inside. Tracey left the house to speak with Buck fifteen minutes later when there was no sign of the police.

Numerous prominent people in the public spotlight suffer from multiple diseses. Below are connections to articles related to this issue that we’ve included:

Only a single police officer showed up there 25 minutes after Tracey made her call, and he stayed in his car while Buck followed Tracey, grabbed her by the hair, and stabbed her 13 times. After a while, the officer got out of the cruiser and removed Buck’s knife without making any attempt to place him under aɼɼest.

Buck repeatedly booted Tracey in the head while the officer watched, breaking her neck. Then Buck rushed inside, seized Charles Jr., and led him outside. Tracey’s limp body was on the ground when Buck dropped Charles Jr. and again booted her in the head.

After the cops arrived, Tracey was placed into an ambulance around 40 minutes later. Once more threatening Tracey, Buck was eventually taken into custody. Buck was found guilty of assault and given a 20-year prison term, but he only spent only eight of those years behind bars.

Hospitalization for Tracey Thurman lasted eight months. She had a lasting partial paralysis. Attorney Burton M. Weinstein, who is renowned for his work concerning police misbehavior, and his colleague Judith A. Mauzaka launched the case.

See the tweet about Tracey Thurman, who sued and won her case against city police for failing to protect her from her abuser:

Tracey Thurman, who claimed the police overlooked the abuse because she was married to the offender, was the first woman in America to launch a civil rights complaint against a municipality and its police force. The action was filed in 1984.

Senior Judge M. Joseph Blumenfeld, who had been chosen to the bench by US President John Kennedy in 1961, decided that the case may go forward. A request to dismiss the claim was made, arguing that it had not made a claim of equal protection volation grounded in the constitution.

The argument was that the plaintiff, a woman and victim of domestic volence, was receiving different treatment than other victims of volence due to practice, custom, or custom over months of failing to address a single victim’s complaints. This created a viable constitutional claim for damages.

The lawsuit was permitted to continue after the motion to dismiss was denied. The district court found that

“a pattern of affording inadequate protection, or no protection at all, to women who have complained of being abused by their husbands… is tantamount to an administrative classification used to implement the law in a discriminatory fashion.”

Tracey Thurman received a $2.3 million award, but when the city decided without appealing, the settlement amount was reduced to $1.9 million. Visit for the most recent celebrity rumors and news. The most recent headlines and in-depth research are both available here.