22-Year-Old Hiker's Body Is Found

22-Year-Old Hiker’s Body Is Found in a California Wilderness Park

The body of a hiker reported missing in California was discovered on Thursday morning, five days after his family had last seen him alive.

According to a press release issued by the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office, the body of Zachary Zernik, who was 22 years old, was discovered in the Boney Mountain State Wilderness Park at approximately nine in the morning local time.

KABC-TV, a local television station, reports that the bones of Zernik were found near the base of a cliff. On Thursday, the police noted in a report that “​​His death appears accidental,”  adding that “there is no evidence of a crime or foul play.”

22-Year-Old Hiker's Body Is Found
                                              22-Year-Old Hiker’s Body Is Found

After performing an autopsy, the medical examiner can ascertain the patient’s cause of death. Zernik, who lives in Thousand Oaks, was reportedly seen by his family for the last time on January 28 at approximately 8:00 a.m., and he did not show up for work the following Monday.

Wednesday was the day when his disappearance was reported, as stated by both KABC-TV and the Ventura County Star. According to reports from The Los Angeles Times, the authorities found his vehicle on Wednesday morning at a trailhead near Thousand Oaks.

Want to know more about some missing person news? We have provided the information below. You can check the…

According to the Sacramento Bee, the following day, the sheriff’s office began exploring the region for the missing person or people. According to the Ventura County Star, Ventura County Sheriff Cmdr. Jeremy Paris said that the authorities could use the metadata from a photo that Zernik had sent to his buddies on Saturday to reduce the region they were searching.

Additionally, Paris disclosed to the publication that his kid went to high school with Zernik and regarded him as a “wonderful man” during their time together. The official continued by saying, “The family is extremely grieved,”  He mentioned that he has been in contact with them.

The police department said, “Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones.”